KUSF 01.10.10 8-10 PM In the Soul Kitchen DJ Harry D



This is a Show that ran exactly one year ago on KUSF FM before it was shut down.

In The Soul Kitchen is the Bay Area's weekly source for Roots and Rhythm, broadcast on KUSF for the last 27 years. Producer and host Harry Duncan serves up an award-winning mix of all styles of deep soul and funk, jazz, blues, gospel, ska and roots reggae, Latin, African, and select World musics.









iPhone and iPad Player


***COME ON HOME***
A TRIBUTE TO PRODUCER WILLIE MITCHELL

Al Green-I Can’t Get Next To You-I Can’t Get Next To You (Hi/Demon-UK)
Ann Peebles-Beware-Tellin’ It (Hi/Demon-UK)
Otis Clay-Trying To Live My Life Without You-Best Of/The Hi Records Years (Right Stuff/Capitol)
Syl Johnson-Diamond In The Rough-Diamond In The Rough (Hi/Demon-UK)
O.V. Wright-Henpecked Man-Giant Of Southern Soul (Connoisseur Collection-UK)

Ann Peebles-Somebody’s On Your Case-Straight From The Heart (Right Stuff/Capitol)
Quiet Elegance-Mama Said-You Got My Mind Messed Up (Hi/Demon-UK)
Veniece Starks-Stepchild (Hi 45)
Irma Coffee-Anyway The Wind Blows-Hi Records 45 Collection, Vol. 2 (Hi/Demon-UK)
Denise LaSalle-Trapped By A Thing Called Love (Westbound 45)

Al Green-Love and Happiness-I’m Still In Love With You (Hi/Demon-UK)
Al Green-Air Force ROTC PSA spot
O.V. Wright-A Nickel and A Nail-Giant Of Southern Soul (Connoisseur Collection-UK)
Syl Johnson-Let Yourself Go-Diamond In The Rough (Hi/Demon-UK)
Otis Clay-Precious, Precious-Best Of/The Hi Records Years (Right Stuff/Capitol)
Quiet Elegance-You Got My Mind Messed Up-You Got My Mind Messed Up (Hi/Demon-UK)
The Masqueraders-Now That I’ve Found You-Hi Records 45 Collection, Vol. 2 (Hi/Demon-UK)
Ann Peebles-I’m Gonna Tear Your Playhouse Down-I Can’t Stand The Rain (Hi/Demon-UK)

Ike and Tina Turner-You’ve Got Too Many Ties That Bind (Minit 45)
Bill Coday-When You Find A Fool, Bump His Head (Galaxy 45)
The Detroit Emeralds-You Want It, You Got It (Westbound 45)
Betty Everett-Just A Matter of Time, Till You’re Gone (Fantasy 45)
Willie Mitchell-Up Hard-Poppa Willie-The Hi Years/1962-1974 (Hi/Demon-UK)

Al Green-Oh Me, Oh My (Dreams In My Arms)-Al Green Is Love (Hi/Demon-UK)
Otis Clay-I Didn’t Know The Meaning Of Pain-Best Of/The Hi Records Years (Right Stuff/Capitol)
John R./WLAC-Nashville-Baby Chicks Ad
Ann Peebles-Slipped, Tripped and Fell In Love-Straight From The Heart (Right Stuff/Capitol)
Syl Johnson-Come On Home (Hi 45)
Teacher’s Edition-I Wanna Share Everything (Hi 45)
O.V. Wright-I Feel Love Growin’-The Wright Stuff (Album) (Hi/Demon-UK)

James Gadson-Got To Find My Baby-Soul Searching (Hi/Demon-UK)
Syl Johnson-Steppin’ Out-Total Explosion (Hi/Demon-UK)
O.V. Wright-When You Took Your Love From Me (Backbeat 45)

Otis Clay-If I Could Reach Out-Best Of/The Hi Records Years (Right Stuff/Capitol)

No comments: