KUSF 10.07.83 6-7 PM DJ Steve Wynne of Dream Syndicate












from stereo steve:


"Here's a special piece of KUSF history.

Steve Wynn from Dream Syndicate doing a guest DJ hour on KUSF October 7, 1983
that I digitized from the 8 TRACK tape I recorded off the radio back in the day.
DJ Boris (who I met at 30 year thing at el rio and was a cool guy) was at the controls.

Here's some interesting things I noticed when listening back
(for the first time in years, the tape was broken for a long time and I repaired the splice just now)

The rock and swap was called 'sock and swap' and held at the Kabuki
which was a venue for bands before it was turned into a movie theatre and

Dream Syndicate performed live at this one and that's what he was there to promote.

There were also live DJ sets from luminaries such as Howie Klein, Ben Fong-Torres, et.al.

Chinese radio started at 7:00 instead of 6 and this thing went from 6 to 7.

anyway this is a lot of fun... enjoy"

No comments: