KUSF 11.12.10 9-10 PM The Menace's Attic DJ Dennis the Menace












The Menace’s Attic Episode #464 November 12th, 2010 “This Show Is Literally “Off The Wall.” I Didn’t Exactly Close My Eyes As I Picked Them, But I Did Pull Them For Airplay At The Speed Of Sound. What IS The Actual Speed Of A CD? I’d Love To Know, But My Brain Still Operates In RPM’s Instead Of MegaBytes”

OPENING SONG: Haven’t Got A Clue – Dramarama (Elektra) 4:08

Set #1 It Seems I Play More Songs On This Show About Unrequited Love Than Most Anything Else – Probably Because Requited Love Just Doesn’t Have The Same Ring To It, And More Often Than Not She Gives It Back!
You Keep Me Hangin’ On – The Box Tops (Bell) 3:40
One Good Reason – Paul Carrack (Chrysalis) 3:45
One Last Night – The Atlantics (ABC) 3:06

Set #2 Each Of These Songs Is About A Religious Experience In A City. I’ve Been To Two Of Them, And If I Went To The Third, I’d Surely Want Graham As My Tour Guide!
Discovering Japan – Graham Parker (Mercury) 3:33
I Guess The Lord Must Be In New York City – Nilsson (RCA) 2:44
Hollywood Nights – Bob Seger (Capitol) 4:58
New York Groove – Ace Frehley (Rhino) 3:03

Set #3 Continuing The Religious Theme Of The Last Set, We Now Head In To Virgin Territory And Sin Within Seconds Of Coming, Uh Arriving!
Like A Virgin – Lords Of The New Church (Rhino) 3:49
Tell Me Something Good – Rufus (ABC) 4:39
The Game Of Love – The Mindbenders (Fontana) 2:00

Set #4 I Figure It’s Important To End The Show With A Little Grungy Optimism, So You Don’t Go Ape Over My Negativity!
Waiting For Somebody – Paul Westerberg (A&M) 3:25
Look Out, Here Comes Tomorrow – The Monkees (Colgems) 2:13

CLOSING SONG:
The Monkey Time – Major Lance (Epic)

No comments: