KUSF 07.16.10 9-10 PM The Menace's Attic DJ Dennis the Menace












The Menace’s Attic Episode #447 July 16th, 2010 “Finally, No One Major In Rock And Roll Died This Week, So I Am Free To Make This Radio Show All About Me! Me! Me! (Like It’s Not Already!)” Edition

OPENING SONG: Hair – The Cowsills (MGM) 3:30

Set #1 This Week’s Menace Movie Viewing Was “Mystery Train” And So It’s No Mystery Where This Set Gets Its Soulful Plot!
I Put A Spell On You – Screamin’ Jay Hawkins (Columbia) 2:25
The Memphis Train – Rufus Thomas (Stax) 2:33
Soul Finger – Bar-Kays (Volt) 2:23
Mystery Train – Elvis Presley (RCA) 2:27

Set #2 This Set Not Only Works As A Musical Theme, It’s Labeled For Thematic Excellence Too (From 1301 Avenue Of The Americas To 1841 Broadway in NYC!)
You Are Everything – The Stylistics (Avco) 2:55
With A Girl Like You – The Troggs (Atco) 2:10
Every Christian Lion Hearted Man Will Show You – The Bee Gees (Atco)
Doing That Scrapeyard Thing – Cream (Atco) 3:18

Set #3 Fact Is “I’m Not In Love” With YouTube. But The Short BBC Film On The Making Of “I’m Not In Love” Is Worth Clicking On That Stupid X To Get Rid Of The Advertising Banner!
I’m Not In Love – 10 CC (Mercury) 6:05
Making Plans For Nigel – XTC (EMI) 4:13
Ding Dong! The Witch Is Dead – The Fifth Estate (Rhino) 2:30

Set #4 If I Could Go Back In Time, Genya Would Have Been My Girlfriend Instead Of Alice! What Honey, I Never Had A Girlfriend Named Alice, That Was My Monkee?
Alice Long (You’re Still My Favorite Girlfriend) – Tommy Boyce & Bobby Hart (A&M) 2:48
Jerry’s Pigeons – Genya Ravan (20th Century Fox) 3:30

CLOSING SONG: Expressway To Your Heart – Soul Survivors (Rhino)

Giveaways: Outside Lands Ticket Drawing, Music Films At The Bridge!

No comments: