KUSF 09.18.09 The Menace's Attic DJ Dennis the Menace



The Menace’s Attic Episode #404 September 18th, 2009 “Given Everything That Is Going On In My World I’d Just Like To Escape For An Hour. I Have This Radio Show To Do However, So Whether You Like It Or Not, I’m Taking You With Me!” Edition (R.I.P. Larry Gelbart, Patrick Swayze, Henry Gibson, Jim Carroll)

OPENING
Follow Me – Mary Travers (Warner Bros.) 2:41 (72)

Set #1
Just My Imagination (Running Away With Me) – The Temptations (Gordy) 3:52
When The Night Comes – The Boomtown Rats (Epic) 4:44

Set #2 I’d Invite You Into My World, But I Know That The Second You Get Here Your Going To Try To Re-Arrange A Lot More Than The Furniture! So, Let’s Just Keep Our World’s In The Same Neighborhood Without Co-Habitating!
Little Woman – Bobby Sherman (Metromedia) 3:00
My World – The Bee Gees (Atco) 4:21
My Whole World Ended (The Moment You Left Me) – David Ruffin (Motown)

Set #3 There’s Something About Me Doing This Set On Rosh Hashanah From A Studio Under A Catholic Dorm And Right Next To Wear The USF Team Plays Basketball That Just Might Be The Most Fitting Tribute To Jim Carroll I Could Muster Up.
Sweet Jane – Jim Carroll (Atco)
Like A Rolling Stone – Bob Dylan (Columbia) 6:00
White Light, White Heat – The Velvet Underground 2:48

Set #4 The Only Coles Missing In This Set Are Old King, And Porter. I Think That’s Because The Fiddler’s Three Are Playing Another Gig Tonight.
Ramblin’ Rose – Nat King Cole (Capitol) 2:47
She’s A Girl And I’m A Man – Lloyd Cole (Capitol) 4:17
Hanging On The Telephone – The Nerves (Rhino) 2:30

CLOSING SONG: Somebody’s Been Sleeping (In My Bed) – 100 Proof Aged In Soul (Westbound)

GIVEAWAYS: Devo Tickets!

No comments: