KUSF 05.15.09 The Menace's Attic DJ Dennis the Menace



“Well, Since I Didn’t Get To Do The Show On My Birthday This Year, I’m Giving Myself A Present And Doing A 7” Edition Of The Menace’s Attic That Was Due To Happen Anyway!” Edition

OPENING SONG: Dancing In The Moonlight – King Harvest (Perception)

Set #1 Just When I Think I Know Every Song That Was On A 45, I Head For My Local Record Store And Find Out That It Really Is True That The Hits Just Keep On Comin’ And In The Case Of This Show, They Hit You When You Least Expect it.
Over The Hills And Far Away – Led Zeppelin (Atlantic)
My Love – Petula Clark (Warner Bros.)
Piece Of My Heart – Big Brother And The Holding Company (Columbia)
Apples, Peaches, Pumpkin Pie – Jay And The Techniques (Smash)

Set #2 Well, They Say The Economy Is Getting Better, And If That Is Really The Case, I’m Going To Take The One Dollar I Have Left In My Mattress And Invest It In A Better Can Of Beer!
Going Down To Liverpool – Bangles (Columbia)
A Piece Of Paper – Gladstone (ABC)
I’ll Get Lucky – The Plimsouls (Shaky City)
Don’t Take Away The Music – Tavares (Capitol)

Set #3 As The Lyrics Of The First Song In This Set Say “The love of a girl can make a man stay on when he should go!” Or At Least That’s What The Folks At Trojan Would Like You To Think
The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance – Gene Pitney (Musicor)
The Return Of The Red Baron – The Royal Guardsmen (Laurie)
The Politics Of Dancing – Reflex (Capitol)

Set #4 Quite Simply, Booker T. Ripped It Up At The Independent Last Friday Night. That’s It, So Time To Get A Little B-3 Going Because Time Is Tight!
Time Is Tight – Booker T. And The M.G.’s (Stax)
Will It Go Round In Circles – Billy Preston (A&M)

CLOSING SONG: Turn Back The Hands Of Time – Tyrone Davis (Dakar)
Extra: Daddy Cool – Boney M (Atlantic)

GIVEAWAYS: Ticket to: The Dears, Eulogies, Great Northern @ The Independent, Santigold @ The Warfield

No comments: